Name Meaning: Ku means "Nine", Rei means "Expression of Gratitude", Shuhou means "Battery"
Pronunciation: Shoe-hoe ; Cuu-ray
Birthday: October 21st (Libra)
Age: 14-15 (Pre-Timeskip) 17-18 (Post-Timeskip)* 24-25 (Pregnant Arc) 40-41 (Future Arc)**
Height: 142.34 cm (Pre-Timeskip) 163.28 cm (Post-Timeskip)
Weight: 29.35 kg (Pre-Timeskip) 60.32 kg (Post-Timeskip)
Blood Type: O
Affiliation: Land of Wind --- Sunagakure --- Shuhou Clan
- --- Academy Teacher (briefly)
- --- Secretary to the Kazekage (briefly)
- --- Kazekage's Bodyguard (Self Proclaimed)
- --- Supervisor of Administration, Medical Response Division (Currently)
- --- Shunsoku Nonezumi (33)*, Discharged from Duty (Work-Related Disabilities), Academy Teacher
- --- Jinruishi Oikumo (34)*, Active Jonin
- --- Goki Noukotsudou (13), Deceased
- --- Fusei Heian (13), Deceased
- --- Hin Noukotsudou (20)*,
- --- Taba Matsurika (19)*,
- --- Ondori Homura (12),
- --- Sugari Amani (9),
- --- Hikkaku Inusayama (11),
Ninja Registration: #54-009
Academy Grad. Age: 11
Jonin Prom. Age: 15
Missions Completed: 704**
D-Rank: 114|C-Rank: 223|B-Rank: 251|A-Rank: 106|S-Rank: 10
- Ninjutsu: 6/10
- Genjutsu: 2/10
- Taijutsu: 2/10
- Medical Ninjutsu: 2/10
- Kinjutsu: 4/10
- Chakra Control: 8/10
- Agility: 7/10
- Strength: 2/10
- Intelligence: 5/10
- Constitution: 7/10
In part one, Kurei's focused was on her clan techniques of Chakra Control, Chakra Manipulation, and Kinjutu. Overall, rather weak and unbalanced for her age group.
- Ninjutsu: 8/10
- Genjutsu: 2/10
- Taijutsu: 6/10
- Medical Ninjutsu: 6/10
- Kinjutsu: 7/10
- Chakra Control: 10/10
- Agility: 7/10
- Strength: 4/10
- Intelligence: 8/10
- Constitution: 9/10
- --- POSITIVE: Clever, Determined, Focused, Attentive, Efficient, Pragmatic, Ambitious, Fierce
- --- NEUTRAL: Busy, Cautious, Amiable, Blunt, Imaginative, Organized
- --- NEGATIVE: Perfectionist, Critical, Sly, Grudging, Suspicious, Workaholic, Feisty
- --- Saisei Shuhou (43)*, Father, Clan Leader, First Seat, and Leader of Primary (Offensive) Branch
- --- Toge Shuhou (37)*, Mother, Retired Special Jonin , Academy Teacher
- --- Suigin Shuhou (48)*, Uncle, Leader of the Secondary Branch, Second Seat
- --- Jyuukiou Shuhou (25)*, Half Brother, Special Jonin
- --- Itsuka Shuhou (22)*, Half Sister, Political Speaker
Education: Sunagakure Academy, Dr. Yamawaki, - numerous apprenticeships served over career
- --- Being abandoned by those she trusts, which developed shortly after her mothers death and is solidified by her teammates deaths.
- --- Failing/Disappointing those important to her. While Kurei isn't pron to people pleasing, she does want to keep a positive imagine of herself in the minds of those she cares for/idolizes. Should she do something really stupid, she fears their disapproval more than any punishment she might receive from others.
- --- Being out of control of her body/mind/actions. Kurei has a sever disdain for genjutsu users and illusions. She cannot stand to not be in control over her actions. Likewise she deplores alcohol for it's mind altering effects and will several reprimand anyone caught with a bottle in their hand.
- --- Fire. Not only is it one of her major weakness but it's pure destructive force frightens her. She has a mild bias against all Fire Release users.
- --- Kurei dreams of a family of her own. When she was young it was a dream of selfishness. Wanting children who would love her because they were her children. A husband to tell what to do. A household to be in complete control over. Being better than her parents, but out of a competitive need. As Kurei got away from her clan, and certainly after reuniting with her mother and changing the old practices of her clan, she found a pure want for family. A husband who treats her as an equal, children to love and adore and nurture, a household to tend and defend.
- --- In her youth, Kurei, like most teenagers, wanted fame over most everything. Her poison jutsu's won her quite a bit of fame, but more trouble than anything. Age has granted her superiority in her field, as well as respect. Her fame now is for her restraint and strict control over her Toxic release. Kurei will always be a bit of an attention monger, but now it is a front to better protect her family and village over just wanting to be widely known.
- --- Kurei's most loved hobby is cooking. She dreams of learning from professionals and cooking wonderfully healthy meals. After retiring from service and taking a, slightly more, low key job, Kurei dedicates a few hours of the week bugging restaurant chefs to teach her their trade. Then coercing her children to act as testers.
- --- Cultivating cacti with special properties and giving them to people she cares for (each ones has a bit of an attitude, being raised on Kurei's chakra, they seems to have taken on a little of her personality in the process). Each cacti is trained to recognize Chakra and launch needles at unfamiliar/hostile chakra that get too close. Everyone in the Kazekage's office now stands a good six or so feet from Gaara's desk.
- --- Gardening in general relaxes Kurei. She enjoys watching her plants flourish and grow and is always sad when something dies off. Like her cacti, most of her plants feed off Kurei's chakra and have their own personalities. This can be a rather stunning realization for unsuspecting viewers of her garden!
- --- Cooking. It's rather strange for others to think of Kurei as domestic, but she is as good at making soups and treats as she is toxic tonics and poison brews.
- --- Organizing, and leaving sticky notes everywhere. Bit of OCD and hates messes with a passion. Known to melt piles of unsorted junk rather than sort them to make her point.
- --- Listening and offering advice. Kurei likes to feel needed and enjoys being able to help others sort out their problems. Those close to the poison user know they will always get an honest, if not blunt, view on their respective problems. They may not take the advice, but Kurei is always willing to give it.
--- Toxic Release (有毒,遁 "Toxic Style" or "Poisonous Style) is an advanced nature kekkei genkai that combines earth and water-based chakra natures to create and manipulate poisons which can serve multi-faceted purposes. This ability ranges from plant-based material - such as spores, roots, or flowers - to animal and insect venom extracts, as well as a variety of inorganic poisons and toxinc. Toxic Release techniques can be produced from anywhere in the body as well as externally. Often, Kurei pairs her poisons with Shuhou Manipulation and Chakra Molding Techniques.
--- The creator and soul user of Toxic Release is Kurei Shuhou, though her children do have the capability of learning if they so choose. It is worth mentioning that the toxins she uses, from years of injections, form naturally in her body. She can easily consume medium amounts of unfamiliar poisons and create cures and anti-toxins. Toxic Release has the passive ability to detect trace amounts of poisons within a small radius of about 10-15 feet.
--- Like her Spear craft, control is pinnacle for the Shuhou. to master any of their techniques, the strictest control is required. Control which Kurei was naturally inclined to. She can easily gauge and control any amount of chakra with a single passing thought. Most notable is her ability to use just enough to get the job done, just enough to ensure she wont run out or come up empty, and never uses more than is absolutely necessary. It's thanks to the more practical side of her nature. Kurei has learned and mastered her clans art of chakra recycling, turning chakra back in on it's self to keep it from expanding and flickering out. Her ability to mold chakra is above even the most advanced of her age mates, within and out of the clan. It is a high source of pride for Kurei as well as being her main means of fighting. Kurei focuses on piping her poisons and toxins through her chakra and infusing the two when fighting. She relies on molding external devices in to dangerous weapons and can bare hand mold many more if the situation calls for it. While it is taxing and eats up her energy very quickly, Kurei has been known to mold up to 40 weapons of chakra and wield them independently. These periods last for short times before it leaves her taxed and out cold.
--- Kurei's toxic release gives her an edge in battle. She is able to melt metal should they enter an area into which she has her poison spread. Small droplets which are invisible to the eye but corrode on contact. Kurei never has to make a solid hit. A passing graze is more than enough to inject poison in to an opposing body. She focuses on getting in, delivering the injection, then getting out and manipulating from the side lines. When times call for it, Kurei is quite the combatant. If with company she will stick with her Shuhou roots, solo she relies on her poisons and shows just how brutal her release of choice truly is. Her abilities have the power to melt flesh and boil blood. Two things she rarely has the stomach for, however. Kurei knows every which way her Toxic Release can be used and has dozens of gruesome abilities locked in a closet in the back of her mind. While she isn't one for needless suffering, it is often times unnerving when she does show off a deadly skill and be reminded about the secrets which lurk just under the surface.
--- The poison types she utilizes fall along a few lines:
- --- Neurotoxins: Light - Medium l Typically at the level of high-intoxication to impair judgement and motor functions. Can be specified to certain areas of the body if needed.
- --- Venom: Medium - Strong l Snake and Spider venom is milked and mixed with a light aphrodisiac to give an odd sensation of burning and flight. The Venom typically works to thin blood, cause hemorrhaging, burn or corrode, bruise, and, eventually, kill. It can also be used to paralyze.
- --- Chemical: Light - Strong l Again, highly versatile but this is used more on weapons and inorganic objects. It can eat through flesh, bone, and solid steel. Boils blood and other liquids (by extracting the oxygen). Can be ignited with fire to go boom (developed to combat fire users but it completely external, she will never allow it inside her body, thank you).
- --- Spores: Light l Used as a shield and composted of mold, sticker spores, poison dusts, ect. Used to cloud the sense, causes shortness of breath and asthma like symptoms by gunking up the lungs and throat. Exposure to eyes causes sever irritation and prolonged exposure can result in bleeding from the eyes and finally permanent blindness. Contact with skin results in sever rashes and bruising via exploding blood vessels just under the skin. Expelled from the breath and housed in Kurei's lungs.
- --- Antidotes: Light - Strong l While Kurei is a walking hazardous waste station, she also had the forethought to retain antidotes to her various chems and toxins. Most remain in allies systems for up to eight hours, getting progressively weaker with each use. To combat this, several injections are staged to interact with each other over the course of 24 hours. Though they still get weaker over time. However, too much of an antidote can have side effects. There is no pattern nor rhyme or reason to those effects.
- --- Toxins: Strong l Potent and made from plant and animal origins. Silent killers which leave no traces behind. Each toxin is created with a specific function and purpose. Some target healthy brain cells while others go for muscle tissue or red blood cells. The more potent forms must be used in a controlled setting and take a while to prep and spread. Same with larger doses, since they have specific functions assigned. Their overall function is to take corrupt the system and destroy basic functions and control. Some can be used to force the truth while others as a tool for training a response. Used mostly when interrogating or fleeing. Can also be used for tracking.
- --- Bacteria: Light - Medium l Kurei, under certain conditions, can control the bacteria in a body, good and bad. Different bacteria generate different effects.
--- Kurei's most notable physical ability is her speed. To add even more to that, Kurei pushes chakra to the soles of her feet and blasts it toward the ground in concentrated bursts. Likewise, when she kicks, she pumps chakra in blade formation at her opponent. Her small frame give her great agility and maneuverability in battle. She is a white and orange blur to most of her opponents. Kurei's advanced speed is not only relegated to her physical but her mental facilities as well. Having a mind sharp and process at whiplash-educing speeds, she is able to absorb, digest, plan, and execute plans on the fly. Her reflexes are like wise wicked fast and sharp as a tack. Having been known to deflect objects coming in at blinds spots. This is generally due to a weapon coming into contact with a bit of her poison, but, Kurei is not known for going out of her way to correct this. Being fast she zips in and stings her opponents like a bee or lashes at them like a scorpion. Lacking in strength, Kurei must stay on her toes at all times and push her abilities to keep from being pinned down or cornered. Always checking that her predetermined exits are open or finding new ones when needed. When she wants to, Kurei can push enough chakra to her feet to make her flash away from view and move so quick only a superior eye could vaguely keep up.
--- Thriving in chakra manipulation it's not hard to guess that Kurei would take to ninjutsu. Indeed, Kurei always had an odd lust to learn the art, if only to take it and make it her own. Manipulate it and work it into her own image, which she has done, quite well in fact. She reaches mastery of ninjutsu in a short span of time after getting her Toxic Release squared away. Kurei has carved more personal ninjutsu techniques for herself than she lets on, and enjoys the trial and error and research of such. It's liberating and it's a form of control, both positive associations. Overall, Kurei has a nature talent, given her lineage of Chakra Molding and her mothers above average aptitude for ninjutsu as well.
M O D E R A T E - S K I L L S
--- Stemming from her Clan and upbrining, Kurei is a magnificent speaker. She is likewise exceptional in diplomacy, planning and leading, as well as talking circles around those she does not want to give a straight answer to. Oh yes, and she's great a lying. Anything that requires words to be spun and deliver for a particular out come... Kurei is your girl. She enjoys the intellectual challenge and stimulation it brings. She enjoys spirited arguments, deplores haughty or ignorant participants, and generally delights in getting her way. It's often joked that she could sell sand to a Suna civilian. Indeed Kurei tried to do just so. Rumor has it she succeeded.
Intermediate Medical Skill:
--- Due to spending a couple of years holed up in a hospital with a doctor for a sensei, as well as needing to know the ins and outs of the human body, Kurei developed a significant repertoire of medical skills. Resetting broken bones, splinting (w/ and w/o chakra), checking vital signs, stitching, and blood stopping are her most basic skills. Sprinkle in a temperature stabilizing jutsu, anesthetic jutsu, and nerve system chakra manipulation jutsu and you've got yourself a medic in a pinch. While under Dr. Yamawaki's tutelage, Kurei vaguely considered fully training toward a medical license, however, her Shuhou pride would allow nothing more than the path of a shinobi and she left the course where she was. Yet, after retiring from the life of a shinobi, Kurei will pick her medical training back up and rise to a masters rank.
--- Kurei has learn enough taijutsu to survive a close combat situation, given the opponent isn't too far above her level. The taijutsu she has masters is that which greatly increases her speed, adds to her defense, aids in dodging and escape, as well as promoting physical enhancements. Meaning increased endurance while running or moving at high speeds along with toning muscle. Taijutsu is the wetstone with which she sharpens her body's condition. She is by no means a master but fairly intermediate in this trade.
--- Learned from her days in the hospital, Kurei knows the basics of sealing. She learned sealing techniques for supplies, how to seal foreign particles in the body and reverse seal them into/onto their intended target, among other basic level sealing techniques. She relies heavily on supply and weapon sealing, helpful when carrying around a personal medical unit. Kurei knows how to seal a contract with a summons as well as use sealing charms to immobilize an enemy. Curiously, Kurei is better at disarming and removing seals far more than activating them.
--- Kurei's summons are a group of pirate-mentality, drunken albino scorpions, eye patches and peg-legs included. She has enough knowledge to summon the blasted beasts but generally has no control from that point forward. The only one she has any authority with is the large, sage summon who tolerates her because he finds it amusing all the trouble she manages to get in. The scorpions can not poof out of a battle however, Kurei knows enough to lock them to her side. Her only real saving grace is the summons love to fight and generally respond well to 'this is friend and that is foe, have at it'. Once Toge awakes, however, she will show Kurei the proper way to handle the rowdy bunch. Yet, by then, Kurei's will have found her own scorpions who are far more amiable and scientific to work with and leave the drunken bunch to her mother.